There are many breaking strategies, theories, and styles. Breaking strategies depend on what types of game are playing. As eight balls or 9 balls are the dominating games in leagues. Both are power break games. You want to hit the rack as hard as you can to generate a good spread of the balls. In Eight ball, it requires more power to do this. There is a full rack of 15 balls versus just only nine catches. The best strategy for breaking in a pool is to follow the spaces in the frame. There are two approaches to snapshots. They are offensive and defensive approaches.
Last update on 2020-09-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In closing, breaking should be done with control, leaving the cue ball near the center of the table. You have to find your spot from where you can consistently make a ball on the break. A break cue can help you to perform phenolic tips. It allows you to hit with more power with a less powerful stroke. You need to learn to do a controlled break before Smash. You have to practice to hit hard with normal pool stroke. You also need to make sure to catch the head ball square. A square hit will spread the balls better than smashing the rack. That's why rack balls tight are famous than break controlled. By the following strategies are useful for breaking pool:
- First, you need to check the rack. The ball should be frozen or touching
- You have to pick a light cue
- Heavier cues inhibit arm speed
- You need to chalk up and don’t blow it off
- Put the cue ball on the head string about 3 or 4 inches from the side rail. They can rest their hold hand on the track for stability
- Use a center ball hit or ¼ tip above center
- Throw the stick to the nose, full in the face with force.
- After the break; the cue should stay in the middle of the table
- Use inside spin and target the second ball
- In nine ball, you need to aim straight at the one
- In eight ball, you need to point at the second ball. It helps to ups the chances of sinking the eight.
- Keep the cue level. If you elevate the back end, the cue ball can pop off the table.
- You need to try Hit Square. Spin can reduce your power.