How to Make a Basketball Court Made Out of a Shoe Box?
Basketball sport has the great popularity. The young child has more interest in this game. In your school project, you can choose a basketball court as a topic. It can also be perfect for basketball enthusiasts. You can make a basketball court using a shoe box. It is straightforward to make. You can make a miniature model of basketball court out of a shoe box and a few craft materials. By the following steps, you can make a Basketball Court Made Out of a Shoe Box.
- First, you need a shoe box. A shoe box naturally mimics the rectangular shape of a court.
- Cut the top of the shoe box off. Now cut the edges of the sides straight down. Flatten the hands of the shoe box. You can resurrect the edges back together by gluing.
- Make sure the shoe box must be flat to measure and paint the court.
- Paint the bottom of the shoe box. Use black color to represent asphalt. You also have to mark the court lines with it. Let the color dry completely.
- Use a ruler to measure halfway down the court correctly. Draw a straight line across this point to represent half court. Now draw a dot at the center of the half court line. Draw a perfect circle around the dot by using a protractor.
- Measure 3 inches from the center circle to one side of the court. Mark the point there. Again draw a half circle to represent the tip of the three-point line. Connect the three-point range to a semicircle drawn from one side to another.
- Draw the high post, elbows, free throw line and paint them. The wires inside the three-point line semicircle look like a rectangle with a rounded edge. Center these lines in the middle of the three-point arc. Repeat it to the other side of the court.
- Now paint the penciled lines by using yellow or white paint. It will provide a significant contrast to the black court.
- Now it is the time to construct basketball hoops. Cut backboards out of cardboard. Draw a square shape in the middle of the backboards to represent the shooters square. Twist about 3 inches of wire into a circle. Glue to the backboards with hot glue. Glue a straw or Popsicle sticks to the back of the backboards. Attach the hoops to the court with hot glue. Let the glue dry completely.
- Paint the flat sides of the shoe box black to create a crowd. Cut out ovals from beige and brown paper to represent the heads of the audience. Now paste the heads on the black color.
- In this step, you have to glue the sides of the box together. Hold the sides together to let the glue settle. Repeat the process for each corner.
- After attaching each side let the box dry properly. Your basketball court is ready now.