A gym can utilize different types of party. Many churches and schools prefer to use their gym for a party. It can save you money. It makes gyms the ideal spot for a budget-conscious wedding reception, birthday party, family reunion and many more. You can also arrange a prom in the gym. As the floor of the gym is usually made of hardwood. They are suitable for dancing. The basketball hoop is the one flaw in this plan. The basketball stand will remind your guests that your function is taking place in a gym. You can solve this problem by decorating the basketball hoops. You need some creative ideas and a few decorative items.
To decorate a basketball hoop, you need the following items:
- Twinkle lights
By applying little creativity, you can easily decorate a basketball hoop:
- At first fold the basketball hoop back. Many basketball hoops hung from the ceiling. In that case, you can push the circle closer to the ceiling. They are hardly noticeable. You can also remove the hoop or take the net off.
- Basketball hoops are on either side of the room. You can hang sheer curtains all over the walls or on the ceiling. The sheers will completely hide the circle. Then, place twinkle lights behind the curtains. A lighting specialist can help you to cast lights on the curtains. It will make them appear like they are glowing. Many wedding designers like to tent the room. You can also prefer this idea. It will help mask the gym and feeling of the space for your party.
- A tenting process can be a little bit costly. Instead of a tent, you can try to hide your basketball hoop by making it whimsical. Place several balloons in the net. For dances or birthday party blowing up balloons according to your theme. Your guest will appreciate the effort.
- Hiding the basketball hoops is difficult. It may feel like the hoops are stuck out like a sore thumb. You can go with a sports theme for your party. Design your party around the basketball hoops. You can work with the infrastructure of the gym. It will have built-in entertainment and keep attendance busy.
- You can also use the basketball hoop as a canopy. It depends on the placement. You have to thread dozens of yards of tulle through the circle. Have the canopy pool down to the floor. It can branch out to drape around the guest book table. You can also place a few couches in front of the basketball hoop to create a lounge vibe. It is very popular at expensive receptions.