People choose hotels and churches as the best spot for wedding receptions. Most of the wedding programs are held in elegant banquet halls or grand ballrooms. They are so lovely to inspire a lot of soon-to-weds. These places are not so easy to afford. Some sites also charge more than some want to pay. You can consider a local basketball court for your wedding reception party. It is possible to have similar results to choose a basketball court as a venue. It is not so tight to decorate a basketball court. To transform a basketball court into a wonderland, you need some vision and creativity. You also need the right styling skills. You can get a large venue at a lower price. Wedding suppliers can help you to get things done within a budget.
To decorate a basketball court, you need the following things:
- Some Ribbon
- Large rolls of paper
You can furnish a basketball court by the following steps:
- Place the sitting tables along the edges of the court. Pull them far enough from the side. Make sure the guests are not falling off the court when they move their chairs.
- Leave some space in one corner for the DJ. You can put the head table under the basketball hoops.
- Run ribbon from the basketball hoops to the ceiling. You have to do it above the center of the court. You can run ribbon from walls to the center. To looks more beautiful you have to ensure the balance.
- Now cover the walls with large rolls of paper. You may use wedding colors to cover the bottom half and the top half of the walls. Like you can use brown and blue as a wedding color.
- On the walls, you can tape pictures of the bride and groom and their families.
- For decoration, you can cut out some shapes like wedding cakes or bells and glue them.
- To create a romantic mood, you can turn off some of the lights. For the dancing floor, you can also bring some colored lights.
- You can personalize the colors and decorations. Your decoration should follow a theme that the bride and groom have in common.
- To match with the reception theme, you can bring large decorations. You can prefer fake trees or small fountain as decoration. These decoration items can take the focus off of the walls. It also helps the guests momentarily forget that they are in a gym.